9 September 2013

07/09/2013 Blitz at Berrys' #4

Another quick trip to buy what I wanted to get three days ago and try a few more.



Littlemill 24yo 1988/2013 (52.3%, BBr Selected by Berrys', Refill Hogshead, C#32): still as nice and interesting as the other day.

Tormore 20yo 1992/2012 (51.5%, BBr Selected by Berrys', C#100152): think I have had this one before, but it is so green in colour I want to try it again and let myself be convinced. It is fresh, minty and leafy, with some bitterness. Good, but not enough to find a spot on my shelves.

Littlemill 20yo 1992/2013 (54.9%, BBr Selected by Berrys', ex-Bourbon Cask, C#10): C#11 is out, I am told (though I do not believe it) and there are few bottles of C#10, but they still open one today. It is ok: pink grapefruit, hiking boots and leaves.

Arran 16yo 1997/2013 (46%, BBr Selected by Berrys', ex-Marsala Cask, C#3): this one comes recommended, as it is from the same island as the shopkeeper's parents -- is that a good reason? Really? Not unpleasant, but absolutely uninteresting. White wine, juicy grass, peach stones. Meh. Arran has produced better things, notably the Society bottlings.

When asking for Littlemill C#32, I am told it is the last bottle. Again, I am in disbelief: there were twenty-three three days ago. She tells me one is in the warehouse and can be ordered, and twenty have been bought and are currently kept for the buyer. That kind of sobers me up.
A lot less positive than the previous visit, but at least, C#32 is coming home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment